Discover the Benefits of Dental Insurance
Did you know that tooth decay is the second most common disease after a common cold?
While many wouldn’t consider dental insurance, it has many benefits. You have a head start on your oral and general health with dental insurance. Dental insurance allows you to schedule regular dental checkups with your dentist to detect dental issues early and maintain healthy oral hygiene. When you take a proactive approach, you are more in control of your health and can fix problems before they begin affecting your quality of life.
Understanding Dental Insurance
For people new to the world of insurance, technical jargon can lead to confusion and frustration when selecting the best plan for your life. Young adults trying to navigate the world on their own words, like network, copayment, and premium, can intimidate and steer people in the opposite direction. Below, we have listed a few words to know as you begin your journey:
- Copayment (often called copay) is a fixed amount you pay for a covered health care service when received (ex., $25 per doctor’s visit).
- Deductible – the amount you could owe before health insurance kicks in.
- Network – the health care places and providers your insurer uses to provide you with your care.
- Premium – the cost that must be paid for your insurance; this is usually paid monthly, quarterly, or yearly by your and/or your employer.
For a complete list of medical insurance terms, visit here.
But What Does Dental Insurance Cover?
The cost of dental care is much more manageable with dental insurance. Coverage extends to basic needs like preventative services such as check-ups, cleanings, and more. Dental insurance also helps cover the expensive cost of prescriptions and lab tests, depending on your selected plan. Without coverage, these elements can make a significant dent in your wallet; don’t worry, the help of dental insurance is here to help. Let’s take a look at some coverage options:
- Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO): This plan has restricted coverage with dentists in their network. However, you will experience lower premiums, shorter waiting periods, and no limit to the annual benefit.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): This plan covers visits to outside-of-network providers, which is less expensive than in-network dentists.
- Indemnity: With the Indemnity plan, you’ll have the most freedom. This plan covers visits with any dental provider (both in-network and out-of-network), but premiums may be higher.
If you do not have a dental plan, you should explore your options to find the type of coverage you need. Luckily, a local insurance provider will help you every step of the way! When purchasing dental insurance through Fabian Ramirez Insurance Agency, LLC, you can be protected and feel confident in your coverage. Fabian and his insurance experts are ready to help you gain the quality care you deserve.
In all, you can save money and have peace of mind with individual dental insurance. Now that you have some insight into the insurance world, you can feel better about selecting the health care options that fit your lifestyle the best.